SHEET METAL SHRINKING AND STRETCHING MACHINE
The Erco shrinking and stretching combined in one tool the ability to economically shrink and stretch remove wrinkles curves tees and angles and produce double curvatures in flat sheets . A shrinking machine incrementally reduces the length of metal work peace with every working stroke conversely . A stretching machine increases the length of metalwork can use with every working stroke .
Originally developed for use in the aircraft industry on aluminum parts, the 1447-60T is now widely used by the entire metal working industry because of its ability to:
- Remove wrinkles and fit sections normally formed in presses or drop hammers.
- Form rolled, extruded and formed angles and tees.
- Produce double curvatures from flat sheets.
The machine performs efficiently on most metals. The Model 1447-60T combines shrinking and stretching capabilities into one unit and provides the following advantages:
- Eliminates time consuming hand de-wrinkling and hammering operations.
- Eliminates expensive form blocks and special anvils.
- Increases work output and reduces operator fatigue.
- Eliminates use of special dies or presses in forming various shapes and contours on angles, tees and other sections.
- Gold-worked material results in higher material strengths.
The Model 1447-60T, ideal for short production runs and prototype work, requires little floor space in assembly or manufacturing areas. For longer production runs, the TGE-ERGO Model 312BOT power shrinker/stretcher is more effective. A Model 1447-120T (12″ throat) foot operated machine is also available.